Monday, June 11, 2007

An update

Well, at first the doctors couldn't find anything on my aunt's CAT scan. They set up an MRI for today. And they found something. Boy, did they find something! She's definitely had a stroke - but it's not her first - huh? Exactly. Evidently this is her fourth stroke - you'd think she would be a pro at them by now, wouldn't you? However, no one was more surprised at the news than she was.

So. Now they're going to do a "procedure" (not a "surgery") to her carotid artery, and hopefully take care of what might be happening in there. That means that she'll be in hospital for a couple more days at least.

She currently lives with and takes care of my grandfather. At this point, we don't really think he 'gets' what her condition will mean. Of course, that could be because no one wants to tell him the entire story.

Thank you for your prayers, and I ask that you continue.

3 comments:

Beaner said...

Thanks for the update. Wow. Can't believe someone could have 4 strokes & not know about them - that's scary! I'll keep Joy in my prayers! Blugs!!!

Jeff said...

Definitely praying! And thanks for the e-card yesterday.

Donna G said...

Sorry I am late to the prayer-fest. But Joy is on my list and as my middle name I will remember!!