Monday, August 27, 2007

Blessed

Today I was talking to a friend at work. He wanted to show me the pictures his wife has been taking and posting online. They really were great. But moreso than the pictures, I was taken by the pride and love so evident in what he said and how he said things.

I then thought about Allen, and how he talks about me when I'm not around. I know he loves me, and he always builds me up. I am blessed.

Then it hit me: that's how Jesus talks about me. He's proud of me when I do well, he grieves when I've disappointed him. The love is evident whenever he speaks of me. Thinking about me makes him smile. He knows everything, but forgets the bad and loves the good.

I really am blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hope Jesus brags on us!

Donna G said...

We are very blessed.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy too!

HW said...

Yes you are blessed.

And so is Allen.

Great post!