Sunday, August 17, 2008

Think outside the box

I'm trying to get the ol' creative juices flowing in preparation for our women's retreat in February of next year. For a long time, I didn't think we'd be able to have another retreat because we couldn't afford it, but He always works in mysterious and amazing ways, and long story short, we're having at least one more retreat!

Last year, the theme seemed to come fairly easily for me, as well as the coordinating graphics for the program - ha! However, this year, as I try to find a theme to match my available pictures, He is confounding me with a theme. I guess that's what I get for trying to mold Him to what's convenient for me.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

Yay for another Retreat! I thnk we could focus on the issue of being confused, for a theme. Sometimes I am just plain confused/confounded by God, church, the Bible, how to live, etc. Maybe we can try to get some clarity!

My other idea would be to do a send-up of the Dove's 'Real Women of Beauty' series. ALL of our Ladies are beautiful - and when I hear their testimonies - they become even MORE beautiful to me. I can't even imagine how beautiful we must be to God, who knows our WHOLE life stories!