Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Anybody out there?

Wow - I can't remember the last time I actually BLOGGED...! Well, I guess I could actually look at my last post and see the date...but what fun would THAT be!?

The changes around here...

We have a senior and a sophomore. Prayers appreciated. No, really. The senior and his girlfriend are closing in on 2 years together - and we adore her! He wants to be a firefighter and is working toward that goal by doing ride-alongs, etc. His plan is to attend a local junior college and work on his paramedics licensure/associate's degree while she finishes high school. After that, we'll see.

The sophomore is working on getting his driver's license. Can you say "tunnel vision"? Can you also say "Mom's useless right now"? I'll explain in a moment. We've had to work around big bro's and dad's work schedules recently but he's been pretty patient.

Allen celebrated 20 years on the department this past spring - hard to believe! He's truly an amazing man - and not just because of that!

Okay - on to my story...I've had some medical issues and have been diagnosed with epilepsy. Which means that I can't drive. Which means I can't take HIM driving. Hopefully, it's a temporary restriction, but we'll have to wait at least 6 months. There are other restrictions, but that's the biggie. They can't tell what's actually causing the seizures, necessarily. The neurologist found a small, but inconsequential lesion, and also said that there's some brain shrinkage but didn't seem overly concerned currently. Just something to keep an eye on.

Anyway, it's been a tough year, what with that, and my beloved grandmother's passing this summer, but we're holding on to His promises and praying for His glory to shine through our lives in 2012!

Many blessings and blugs!

No comments: