Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Patience

I was thinking yesterday how much I'd like to go see my grandmother. You know, just run over for the day, visit, take her out for lunch, let her chat with Allen and the boys, etc.

But she died in June. And it still hits me hard each time I realize that I won't see her in this life again. I know I can take comfort that I'll see her in the next, and yes, hearing about her last words definitely was inspiring and wonderful and amazing, but it still hurts here in this life.

It took a long time to let myself grieve - mainly because I knew I'd have to deal with my mother, after not having had any real contact with her for nearly 20 years - her choice. I didn't allow myself to even cry until September - my grandmother's birthday.

I'll see her again...patience...

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Wow, I check out of blog-o-sphere for awhile and look whos back!! Glad to hear from you. Sorry things have been so bad for awhile. I really hate that you are missing your Grandmother...but you are right...you will see her again!

Hard to believe how old your boys are!

Chris said...

I know - it's crazy! I've been faithfully reading your blog - just can't comment as I read it at work :-/ Glad you're back!