Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday

Well, nothing's going on. At all. Allen has a REALLY bad back this evening, so I'm in the process of calling him in sick for tomorrow. Okay, that's done. So. Yeah. Um...



...oh! I know! I've been really stewing over the situation with the neighbors behind us, and their attitude towards us. I was pondering tonight, wondering what, if anything I could do to improve their opinion of us'ns. But I wanted it to be subtle, so I was thinking baking some cookies and leaving them on the doorstep, or "tagging" them with a RAK, but nothing really jumped out at me. And I am ashamed to confess that it took me an unreasonably long time to think of praying for them.

That's how I guess I operate most of the time: what can I do? instead of God, show me what You want to do.

I'm doing a Bible survey, as I've mentioned previously, and I'm doing it out of The Message. I found a statement of Jesus' that I actually printed out and put up in my cubicle: You can't make your words true by embellishing them with religious lace. Makes me watch how I say things a lot more closely...

3 comments:

Beaner said...

My backyard neighbors have been a menace! My dog has even tried to chase them away, but they keep coming back & they keep having more babies too! I wouldn't mind the babies so much if they didn't eat all my veggies & flowers! Grrr!!!

Good quote too - I keep trying to convince God that MY words & thoughts are true, but He keeps correcting me!

Really Really Big Man said...

Sister, know that God knows the intentions of your heart. I think we can be so terribly hard on ourselves sometimes. Rejoice in the fact that you thought to prayer for them at all. That is a good thing. Be blessed! rr

Anonymous said...

Girl! I just miss you! I know you like your new job but you can't play nearly as much!