Saturday, August 05, 2006

Blessings

Isn't God great!?!?

We kind of ran into a slight (okay, insurmountable to us) issue financially this past week. Not really wanting to go into details at the moment, but suffice it to say that we couldn't even rob Peter to pay Paul. And then God stepped in. I had to leave my desk before the last mail run yesterday, and when I came back there was an envelope waiting for me. It was addressed in an unfamiliar handwriting and it was a bank envelope. Curious, I opened it. Inside was an anonymous note saying that the Lord had put on this person's heart that we were in need of a helping hand, and to use this as we saw fit to His glory. This was wrapped around a money order made out to me, but unsigned. Let's just say it was what we needed. Don't have a clue where it came from, no idea who to thank, except God!

I know we don't deserve this blessing, and there are others in as much need, if not more, than we are. I don't know how or why we were chosen this time - I will admit that I'm struggling with feeling extremely unworthy and guilty, even. I just pray that someday, we'll be in a position to do the same thing for someone else.

Join us, saints, in thanking Him!

5 comments:

Beaner said...

We've received similar blessings from someone that we both know. Your saint might be the same person. E-mail me!

Anonymous said...

My brother and sister-in-law received a monetary gift through the mail and felt prideful at first that someone would think they needed money and then realized just what a gift it was. It was good for them and they are able to help others because they know what it feels like to be helped!

Donna G said...

Praise the Lord!

Beaner said...

Just wanted to say "Nice work on 'Hallowed' yesterday!" (Chris is an awesome Soprano, for those who might not know.) Blugs!

Really Really Big Man said...

The same has happened to my wife and I. It is ALWAYS exactly when it is needed most. The world chooses to call it a coincidence. We, who know better, praise God from whom all blesses flow. Yes, indeed ... Praise the Lord! rr