Sunday, August 27, 2006

Breaking news...?

I'm back! Surprise surprise - internet at home! Woot!

So, what's been happenin' in my little corner of the world...? Well, if you've read my husband's blog, you may have noticed that our elder son has been promoted! Hooray! Even tho' in May, I was told that there was no way he was moving on. I called the principal when we got the letter welcoming him to the seventh grade and she told me it was an administrative decision based on what his teachers said and the year's worth of work, but "I can hold him back if you really want me to." Uh, no. Thanks! So we spent all summer preparing him for coping with sixth grade again, but fortunately, it was not needed. Unfortunately, we had already bought sixth grade supplies, but that was easily remedied...Son, of course, is over the moon! We sat him down to tell him, and started out by asking him what mercy meant to him. LOL!

In other news, my job is still going well. Now, I'm working on getting my old office manager (friend boss) to leave and come work with me. We'll see.

My grandmother turns 80 this year, and my aunt called me a couple of weeks ago to let me know what was going on. My mother, who has since moved out of state, will be returning for the birthday, so my family will not be joining in the "regular" celebration. We'll be having, evidently, some of our "own" time with grammy either before or after her birthday. Which is all well and good, but I'm wondering how they'll handle her eventual (but please not soon) funeral. Will we get a separate funeral to go to? For the love...!

So we're working on stuff for the Women's Ministry Servant Group for the autumn. (That was for Skip!) Sounds like we've got some good things planned. I'm really looking forward to them!

...and just for you, Donna - C-word holiday is in 120 days! Lol!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already have two gifts bought and Christmas cards purchased... just not addressed.

Beaner said...

Love the mercy talk w/#1 son - yay for 7th grade!!!

Sure you don't want to go to your Grandma's party? You could provide the fireworks ;) Family stuff really sucks sometimes!!!

And did you HAVE to mention the countdown already???

Donna G said...

You just had to do it....and Terri just had to pipe in. This year I will be lucky to get a tree up, but I don't care, everyday is Christmas with all the blessings in my life!! you know what? I really mean that !