Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Paranthetically speaking...

Life's moving on, it seems. While I was away from Blogville, our elder turned 12. Thaaaat's right - one more year of non-teenagerhood. He's growing up to be such a handsome young man - well-mannered, loving, strong-minded. We're still working on that whole unselfish part, though...I'm so proud of him and his desire this school year not only to pass, but to get onto the honor roll! How's that for a goal?! (Especially after last year!) I think it may have just recently occurred to him that extra credit projects and points are good things! Woot!

So, we're heading into a crazybusy month. September is filling up super fast! Allen and his cohorts on the men's ministry group (they SO need a name!) are doing a Labor Day cookout at church on Monday. The women's ministry group (we're taking our name from the novel series by Robin Jones-Gunn - Sisterchicks!) is having a good old-fashioned lock-in at the church building - how fun is that! Our 14th wedding anniversary is this month (sorry about Memphis, dear!) We're shooting a wedding (hopefully our last!) at the end of the month. And then Zoe (thank you, Boo!) And then, of course, there's the other stuff thrown in there - craziness! Good thing my job gives me access to spreadsheets and organizationsl tools - ROFL!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you from me, too, Boo! I'll send cookies! The pie just wouldn't travel well!

Donna G said...

Two post in one week....woo hoo!

Looking forward to Zoe...maybe we could go to Wild Horse Saloon and pretend we are in Memphis....yeah, I know...it's not the blues!

Beaner said...

OK - You girls are making me want to go too!!! I'll miss you at ZOE, but I need to save the money! I'll try to think of you while I'm relaxing on the porch at the winery in Galena! (Yeah, right!)

Jeff said...

A name for the men's ministry? If we take it from a book we'd all have to agree with the theology implicit in it, which probably would be a challenge for us Northside men. But maybe that's part of what we need to fulfill the vision that our men's ministry leaders have.

Beaner said...

Ah, george - What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet! ;)