Monday, September 04, 2006

What Day Off?

Happy Labor Day, Blogville! Hope y'all had as good of a time as we did! My beloved hubby and the men's ministry put on another slammin' cookout at the church today. Baby back ribs (with homemade sauce!), chicken, burgers, hot links, bratwurst, hot dogs, and a deep fried turkey topped today's menu. Then add in all the yummy stuff people brought in - oh, man! Then there was flag football, volleyball, basketball, etc, etc, etc...It was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it! I'm so proud of Allen, and his planning and cooking skills!

So, we didn't do much Friday evening, in preparation for the rest of the weekend. Saturday, we shopped for the cookout, and went to some friends' house for game night - VERY fun. Sunday was church, and well, we didn't get the email from Jeff informing us that he was too unwell to perform at his vocal recital, so we went to that. It was very nice, and it was great to see my voice coach again! I haven't seen her in a long time - just hasn't worked out to get together. Then after the recital, we had our fantasy football draft/fish fry at our house. Good times! Although, we're all exhausted...

I really did have something deep and meaningful to share, but right now, I'm doing pretty good to find the keyboard...

Until next time...

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad the weekend went well

Beaner said...

Are you ready for some football????

hey - thanks for being such a great hostess to my family for the draft & the BBQ - you guys rock! (But that doesn't mean that I'm giving up my crown!)