Sunday, September 10, 2006

New territory

*phew* What a busy weekend! The lock-in Friday seemed to be a success - we're really trying to get the women in our church to go deeper in their relationships. We had a better turnout than any of us expected, and more spent the night than we thought would. Found out some interesting things about some of my sisters - um, yeah, let's just leave it at that...But it was lots of fun!!

Ryan and I went to a bonfire/cookout at the home of my "boss" Saturday night. She asked me if I was alright, because despite my best efforts, evidently I looked like I had been up all night (which, ironically enough, I had been!) I explained to her that I hadn't slept all night, and had been at a lock-in. Later, I told her that we would be leaving soon, because I really needed to get home and sleep. As she's walking across the yard, she calls back to me, "Well, thanks for coming anyway! I'm so glad you came out here after you'd been at a lock-up yesterday!" Uh, that's lock-IN, Beth, lock-IN. Oh, well.

Today, we sang a song we'd never done on mics before. I had the opening solo, and it just sounded completely different to me - weird! This afternoon, there was a concert at our church to benefit our local food bank, and the PT was asked to kind of be the opening act. Interesting, to say the least...

And my elder son just asked me if he could take his girlfriend on a double date to the movies next weekend. I'm SO not ready for this! I mean, he's had "girlfriends" in the past, but this is the first time he's ever actually DONE anything with any of them besides point them out to us as we pass in the car and tell us that one's his girlfriend. ACK!

So, yeah, I can't wait to go to work to get some rest! And hey, PT gals - Moooo! ;-D

2 comments:

Beaner said...

I'll be happy to join you in 'lock-up' anytime!

Loved the solo! How do you get your voice to sound so calm???

Jeff said...

You and the other PT ladies really don't sound like you're mooing in that one spot on that song! You really don't!