Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Thankful

Tyler and I had a pretty good talk this evening about counting the cost, and standing up for what's right. I kept feeling like I was talking in circles, but he got it. (Thank you, Lord, for giving him the understanding even when I didn't have the right words.) I asked him how his Bible study was going. I had encouraged him to start with John. He admitted that it wasn't going so well. I hesitantly asked him if he'd like to study together. I say 'hesitantly', because, well, you know how pre-teens can be. The first thing he said was, "When? Can we start tomorrow?" (Yay!)

I was reading something today in a daily Psalm study by Warren Wiersbe, and it talked about Psalm 103:6-12. It said that while we usually give thanks for something God has done for us, we also need to be thankful for what He hasn't done. Verse 10 says, in essence, that He hasn't dealt with us as we deserve. He deals with us through Jesus, and the cross. Thank God, today, for what He hasn't done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I know they're all answered prayers but I'm thankful for prayers answered with a "NO! Absolutely not!"

Donna G said...

I am grateful that God gives me more mercy than I would give myself. Grace is a marvelous gift that I will never, ever deserve!!

Kathy M said...

Ah.. if only my own daughter was that interested in the Bible. We have a Daily Devotional for Kids which has a little story and one line Scripture to discuss. That's probably all the attention span, she has. Who knows when the Holy Spirit might come and give them a nudge!

Beaner said...

Amen indeed! I'm just so thankful that God doesn't remember my sins the way I do. I tend to fall down & beat myself up, but He constantly lifts me up and points me forward.

That's cool that you'll be studying with Tyler!