Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Oh Happy Day

I just got off the phone with my beloved grandmother, who told me all about her birthday celebration. She told me about how people came to her celebratory dinner, and how she got to visit with people - family - that she hadn't seen in quite awhile. She kept telling me how much fun she had, and also how stuffed she was! I had to laugh. She said that everytime someone new came along, they'd want to go get something to eat. My aunt worked really hard on coordinating schedules and getting people to the party. My understanding is that she's been working on this for months.

I just kept listening to my grandmother, and how happy she was to see all these people, and fighting back tears because I had missed it, but thinking, too, how much like heaven sounds like her party. People I haven't seen in years, or even knew I had impacted somehow, will greet me - will tell me that they've been waiting for me - how they couldn't wait to hug me. Then we'll all sit and share a meal - feeling more satisfied than the best meal here on earth. And the Host, well, the Host will be first in line to embrace me - ME! And He'll welcome me with more love than I can comprehend. He'll laugh and rejoice and sing over me, so glad that I could be with Him. What a day of rejoicing that will be! I can't wait!

No comments: