Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yup.

...pretty much sums up what's been going on around here...

Actually, that's not completely true. Been doing the work thing, the family thing, the church thing. I really did have some great blogging ideas, but my head is hurting pretty bad tonight, and naptime - er - the football game awaits!

We've had some unpleasant things happening in our family. Some serious (Allen's mom's heart, my uncle's Thanksgiving day stroke) and some not so serious (dryer conking out T-giving weekend) and I was starting to really get overwhelmed with the STUFF, you know? Then I realized that these aren't random acts of grumpitude, but attacks - again - by he-who-didn't-win. Allen and I have both recently taken on more responsibilities in our respective ministries, and somebody doesn't like it. Soooo...just need to keep our eyes on God and we'll make it through whatever comes our way.

By the way, a few posts ago I blogged about the young lady who was in a coma for no apparent reason. I'm sorry to say that BJ passed away November 17, 2006, after having a massive brain stem stroke. Earlier in the day, she had begun to show signs of awakening, but something happened, and her husband had to make that decision everyone dreads. If his posts are any indication of what's really going on, he seems to be doing okay under the circumstances.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother once said, "It doesn't get any easier, it just gets different." I understand that now.

Beaner said...

That was supposed to be a blank box right? I'm having one of those days where nothing seems to go right. At least it's mostly little stuff like water leaking in the basement (nothing new) and Jess knocking her soda over on the carpet. I actually told Nick that if he didn't want to see his Mom run into the wilderness then he better not knock HIS drink over. Thankfully I can just chalk it up to a bad day.....or Voldemort ;) Anyway.....hope you'll be feeling better tomorrow!

Beaner said...

Oh....now the picture comes up (stupid Blogger!) I still think the 'empty box' was funnier!

Donna G said...

He who does not win...runs rampant this time of year...He scores a lot of points as well all run around supposedly centered on the birth of our Savior and instead we are doing all the things that he so violently condemned!

Praying my sister!