Monday, December 04, 2006

Struggles

I'm struggling (toying?) with the idea of becoming head of the women's ministry at church. Okay, maybe not toying...but struggling, considering, praying about - yeah those all fit. I don't know if a) I'm ready for that kind of responsibility, b) I'm prepared for the time commitment - especially since Allen is working with the leadership of the men's ministry now, and I really want to encourage him in that, or c) if it's my Type A personality coming to the fore - i.e. I'll know stuff.

Do I really want to serve because of Him or because of me? I guess that's what it boils down to. Prayers ALWAYS appreciated...

Thanks, Blogville.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

I appreciate your heart to lead. I appreciate Allen's heart to lead. That being said, my gut reaction is to (gently) remind you guys not to do TOO much, especially if it takes too much time away from each other. But I will pray that God leads you both where HE wants you to be!!! Blugs!