Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A new creation

Today God has confirmed the end of your sufferings sorrows and pains because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY. He will never let you down.

I received this in an email message today. The sender's name isn't important, because the true sender was God. His hand has been on me all day today.

Allen and I have been trying to deal with 'stuff' from my past. It's not been easy, but he's been incredibly patient. But he's also been incredibly frustrated. Understandably so. Last night, he asked me if I truly believed I was a new creation in Christ or if it was just something I was paying lip service to. This question has been uppermost in my mind all day.

During some downtime today, I did a topical search on new creation. I was directed to the predictable verses about being a new creation, but I dug a little deeper, and was directed to different verses dealing with regeneration. Like this one I blogged about a while ago:

GOD, your God, will cut away the thick calluses on your heart and your
children's hearts, freeing you to love GOD, your God, with your whole heart and soul and live, really live.

And this one:

Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the
next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ jesus. Saving is all
his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do
it.

And a quote from a christian novel I'm reading (modified):

I know I don't have the power within myself to initiate or complete lasting
changes in my life. Only God can do that.
See what I mean? It's been like this ALL DAY. He's been challenging me: "Do you really accept that I will complete the good work I began in you? Do you believe I am committed to you?"

I'm starting to. I don't want this promise especially to be a minor part of some christian litany of promises. I want it to be real! I want so much to get rid of what has been causing me pain and fear and holding me back from what I really want. I WILL NOT let my past keep me in bondage any longer.

Elhoy Mikarov - God who is near, be near me now as I put my past behind me. Help me put it as far from me as you have put my sins from you. Be with Allen and me.

El Emet - God of truth, make your promises TRUTH to me. I want to hold unswervingly to your words.

Jehovah Shalom - Lord of peace, give me your peace and comfort. Give me courage and don't let me miss the love that my fear is hiding.

Jehovah Ropheka - Lord our healer, heal me. Heal my spirit, heal my mind. Free me.
Jehovah Shammah - Lord who is present, be real to me.

Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll put you in the special journal tonight

Donna G said...

I love it when God slaps me upside the head like that....you have my prayers.

Beaner said...

I think it's SO hard to heal when closure, at least by human standards, is not an option. But that's not a prerequisite with God - He WILL heal us. He WILL bind our wounds. I'm praying for you!!!