Thursday, May 11, 2006

De-lurking

Yes, yes, I know - I need to get here more often!

I was thinking about how much free time I had at my old job - TOO much, now that I think about it. And I spent that time on the 'net. Reading blogs, reading news, reading ads on the bay of evil. I can say with a great deal of confidence that I probably checked around fifty blogs every day. Yikes!

But now, since I'm too afraid to get online at work, and getting online at home often takes more effort and time than I'm willing to give, I notice that my online habits have been greatly curtailed. I've also observed that my blog reading has diminished tremendously. It's almost like the cream has risen to the top - and I'm only reading blogs that mean the most to me, that encourage me. And although I may not comment, know that I'm still checking, and thanks!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Since I'm not posting that often, I don't feel slighted in the least. (smile)

I will have something new from time to time--btw, I love the "bay of evil" comment. Fits all too perfectly, I'm afraid--it's too easy to spend money there. . . .

Donna G said...

Been missing you....Do you still love the job?

Chris said...

Yes - still love the job! Love that everything in my cube matches and was made in this century. Love that it's quiet most of the time. Love that I have access to all the supplies I could ever need. Love that I am more active at this job. Love that I am making friends and have a fresh start at a new place. Love that I have only forgotten my access badge one time, but wasn't late to work when I went back home to get it. Love that everyone (well, almost) has been amazingly helpful and patient. Love that I'm finally "getting it." Love that my new company is buying lunch for me Monday - just because. Love that I'm more at peace.