Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday already?

I'm still here! Just really busy, and too new at work to even THINK about accessing anything on the web! Not gonna do it! So, you'll just have to wait until I get home in the evenings to hear about the job! (Yeah, I know you're all out there waiting with bated breath...)

Actually, the job is going pretty well. The woman training me is very nice, if a little distracted by some stuff at home. I am starting to get a handle on the layout of my floor, but I'm still overwhelmed with the idea that there are around 300 people there! Just on my floor! And it's even more overwhelming remembering that I am coming into this from an office of 6 on a busy day! Eep!

It would be so easy to drown in my introvertedness! But I'm really surprised at what the Lord is providing for me in terms of, well, of personality! I know that sounds weird, but I have felt incredibly comfortable for the most part around these new people. I've even been known to crack a few jokes - lol! (But I am trying to keep a short leash on the sarcasm...!) God has been blessing me with confidence and openness. Sometimes, I kinda step back and watch myself and think, "Wow - I know her - and that MUST be God working!" So, thanks for that, Lord!

It's been so nice to meet old friends. Today I had lunch with my matron of honor - someone I hadn't seen or talked to in years. I also had another friend visit me this morning - just to check on me! Yesterday, two other brothers came by to see how I liked being there. I've been getting emails from some of the sisters - suffice it to say my social life has improved! LOL!

So, I guess in spite of my initial rejection of the whole idea of a new job, God has been showing me that - for once, at least - I may have actually done the right thing!

4 comments:

Beaner said...

:) I'm so happy for you!!! But....

I miss you in cyberspace (not to be confused w/Ciber's space!) Blugs!

Jeff said...

Glad things are going well. Make the evening thing a habit--I'm sure the Collective does not want blogging on company time. . . . (Smile)

It's actually nice for me now to have all my blog links at home so I can check them before bed--and I'm actually going to file an entry.

Donna G said...

Yay!!! Glad you are loving it

Beaner said...

1 more day & it will be Thursday AGAIN!!!

I hope the job's been going OK this week - I've missed you here & there!! ;)
I hope everything's good with you & yours!

Peace!