Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday

Allen and the boys took me out to one of my favorite restaurants last night, and then we went to a movie - it was so nice just to go out and relax! Tonight we may be going to listen to Allen's saxophone teacher play at a local coffe house.
Got a call from my father of all people today. Just calling to wish me a happy birthday. And while that's all well and good, it irritated me that he called last night too, and kinda got on my case about me not being home. Hello!?! My birthday - going out with the fam! He still didn't mention the fact that his wife passed away. Sheesh!


So yeah, yesterday was my birthday - one before a milestone, too. My grandmother told me that this was my last one - that I wasn't going to have anymore because I didn't want that "other number" to be in my age. Actually, I'm okay with my age. I had no problem letting people know. Most people (bless their hearts) don't believe that I am as old as I am. Sweet!

I had considered making something to take in to work Friday, but there was pretty much only me there, so no use in making something for me...

Back to the laundry, I guess. Happy Memorial Day, everyone - and hey, take Monday off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks! I'll tell the boss you said it was ok to take Monday!

Happy Birthday! I just love birthdays (have you noticed?) I haven't really gotten down about any of them.

You have a wonderful family that loves you... just love them right back and don't let the small stuff get in the way!

Beaner said...

What is this "day off" thing that people talk about? I'm not sure I've had one of those in, oh, 7 years!!!!!

I'll be enjoying the weekend with my family though! Lots of yardwork, sunshine, BBQs & time in the pool! YAY Summer!

Donna G said...

Hope your birthday was great. Sorry I am late with my birthday wishes.

You go ahead and take the day off tomorrow too!!