Monday, May 01, 2006

Day 1

...breathe in...breathe out...

I am so overwhelmed at the sheer size of my new place of employment! Crikey! It's HUGE!!! Especially since I'm coming out of an office of 6 people on a busy day. *whew*

So. I get to work at an INSANE hour of the morning - one that I thought existed only in legend, by the way - and discover that this will now be the norm of my life. I was shuffled and shuttled (yeah, I got to do that too), was introduced and interviewed, walked and walked and walked and walked and...well, you get the idea. My mentor is a sweetheart, so I think (I hope!) I'm on the way to making a new friend. Everyone was very happy for me when they found out I was to be working with her. As someone told me - "You're in good hands!" Umm - not at THIS company!! LOL!

I had happy welcome emails awaiting me this morning, and I managed to respond to a couple of them without sending them company-wide. I didn't blow anything up, I didn't set anything aflame, I didn't make the boss mad - all in all, a pretty decent day!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...

3 comments:

Beaner said...

I'm glad you had a great first day! You deserve a great place to work & lots & lots of nice co-workers too! But please don't blow anything up - I'm counting on joining you in a few months!!!

Dwiggy444 said...

I'm so glad to have you in the "Neighborhood". From what I hear, you're going to be "supporting" a lot of people in your area. In fact, when I heard what you were going to be doing, I was "floored".

I am now going back to my work...resistance IS futile after all... :-)

Donna G said...

That is great! I hope it continues to be a job you can love...