Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rumbling

Last night, the floor rumbled beneath my feet.

It was the murmur of men's voices. Planning. Discussing. Encouraging. Sharpening one another. There was intensity and laughter. Challenges and camaraderie.

It was a comforting feeling. Because I knew what these brothers were about. And I was so encouraged about their plans and their drive and their desire to go deeper with God and other brothers.

Their hearts are about becoming not just "men" but men of God with all that it entails. They want to wake up the church, wake up the brothers, wake up the community.

A revolution brewing in my own home? The world turning upside down? I always thought that the sound of turning a new page or a new leaf wouldn't be so deep.

Last night, the floor rumbled beneath my feet.

6 comments:

Beaner said...

AWESOME!!! If I could stand outside of our church (you know, see things from God's perspective) I might just see pieces of a puzzle falling into place. Things that have already happened, things that are happening right now, and things that are about to happen - I definately "feel" something brewing - I pray that God is going to be glorified through it all!!!

Anonymous said...

Chris,

I tried to give this information to Beaner but, her blog hates me.

I have a cousin with a son who has an inoperable brain tumor. I have her email address if you think your friends would want to talk to her. Zach has been treated at St. Jude in Memphis

Donna G said...

Cool! Nothing beats the excitement of men on fire for God (no pun intended FireGuy, but it is kind of cute)

Chris said...

Messages delivered...Thanks!

Cyrus said...

That was beautifully written. Nice.

Dwiggy444 said...

Can't wait to see what the guys have "cooked up" for this year. Let's just hope that the semi-automatic weapons stay at home....

And speaking of staying at home -

Could my recent "benching" be a sign from God? Perhaps He is saying "Nice try. Now go sit in the corner for a few days and think about what you've done."