Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday

Weekend recap...

Friday evening, my aunt and grandfather came over for a visit (driving his new fancy-schmancy car - which made HUGE points with the kiddos!) My aunt has asked me to do some cross stitching for her. I think I may be in over my head. *lapsing into crossstitchspeak* She wants Just Nan's Celeste angel, but done in Joy's colors (which means a color conversion - eep!) with another figure next to the angel (which she gave me) and, oh yeah, she wants this done TWENTY TIMES!!! *deep breath in...deep breath out...* I guess I do have a bit of time, but still...for the love!

Okay, I'm back. Saturday, DH worked OT (hooray!) so to celebrate, I went out and got my hair cut. Doesn't sound like such a big deal, but I haven't had my hair cut in nearly three years - and it's SHORT. Above my shoulders. But I like it - just more maintenance and styling time in the morning...

DS2 went to a sleepover Saturday, while DS1 and I fell asleep to the TV. (I know - you all want to be me...LOL!)

Sunday was church. Sunday afternoon was football. And a voice lesson - she gave me quite a workout, too! And this new Vaccai song - sheesh! Back home to DH's homemade beef stew. And stitching - I have half of the pattern done for DH's saxophone player. Upward and onward...

Hopefully, tomorrow I won't be quite so pressed for time and topic and may actually eke out something deep and thoughtful or maybe even meaningful...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cross stitched the border of a pillow case once... waiting on applause... I even did a piece once that wasn't pre-printed!

Chris said...

HOORAY!!! You go, girl!! (Wanna do an angel for me...?) LOL!

Chris said...

I'm (do) so glad you (it) stopped by, DH! You are (yourself!) awesome! Blugs, baby!

Beaner said...

LOL!!!! Allen & Chris - you guys crack me up! Blugs to you both!

Donna G said...

Hey, I may not can speak the language but I did an 11X14 sampler for my mom for Christmas one year....(gasp of unbelief) Unfortunately she received it for Mother's Day instead, but I did finish......I think that is when I quit cross stitching.

Maybe I will finish my Disney characters for the triplets...Or I could ask my good friend Chris...???

Chris said...

...hmmm...as long as you don't want them black and silver or any other colors...LOL!