Tuesday, April 18, 2006

In the moment

Today, my beloved husband picked me up for lunch. I was expecting to hit one of our favorite lunch spots, but he surprised me by handing me chips and a sandwich. He said we're going on a picnic at the church building, and then we're flying our new kites!

HOORAY!! What fun!

Out in the warm sunshine, with the cool breeze, and the crisp snap of the kites - wonderful! I knew I'd be blogging about it, and I tried to pull up some deep, meaningful, spiritual anecdote or something, but I decided - nah! Just enjoy the moment.

So we did. Thanks, honey!!

4 comments:

Donna G said...

Oh it is too fresh for deeper meaning...you were right, just enjoy it!

Beaner said...

:) Lovin' the sunshine! Glad you had a fun date! Isn't enjoying the moment spiritual enough? I think so!

Kate said...

Your husband needs to talk to my husband ...

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I'm jealous!