Tuesday, October 17, 2006

New day

I’m afraid the high that I got at Zoe is fading fast. I was hoping that it would last – I hope that every year. Church yesterday was good, but, well, you know…Allen had a good message for communion, and the worship was great, but I just wasn’t feeling it like I felt that I should. I don’t know if it was because I’m not quite feeling myself, or I’m tired, or distracted, or just life – you know? Maybe it’s because Saturday wasn’t quite what we had envisioned, or that I’m in some physical discomfort because of my back problems, or that I had yet another run-in with my elder. All I know is that satan is being a bit more sneaky this time in trying to get me down from the mountain. Singing this Sunday with the praise team may help…

I am looking forward to seeing some old friends this weekend - can't wait, actually! It's been awhile since they moved out of state, and I have missed them terribly - didn't realize quite how much til I heard they were coming back for a visit.

I feel like I’ve dumped so much out here in Blogville this last week or so that I need to lighten up a bit. Hence the “Baroo?” post of Friday. I think I need to step back a bit and think some things through before getting all deep and stuff again. Although I must say thanks for all the positive feedback and prayers...

BTW - on jury duty this week - ack!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Skip coming to see you?

Jeff said...

Yeah, and then some "goober" forgets to program a song to bring tears to our visitor. . . .