Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday thoughts

Okay, so I’m starting to stress myself out about these stupid angels! My wrist has been hurting, so I’ve taken a few days off, but I’m feeling a huge time crunch. Allen has told me he won’t let me fall too far behind, for which I’m very grateful. Ugh.

My fantasy football record is now blemished. Tarnished, even. As my dear husband told me after my loss to him yesterday, “You’re not undefeated anymore – you’re ‘one’-defeated!” Great. Thanks. My record is still better than his, though – mwahahaha!

Still working through some of the garbage that has come spewing out of my psyche. I’m vacillating, unfortunately, between anger/resentment/bitterness and - well, that’s actually about it. And if I remember my definitions correctly, I can’t vacillate between one thing, can I?

And to top it off, my husband just HUNG. UP. ON. ME. Nice… “Accident” my left foot! I may have been born at night, butcept it wasn’t LAST night…

*sigh*

On a more positive note, I have really enjoyed the scenery around here recently. I just love the colors of the trees – makes me appreciate where I live, and the fact that we have seasons! It always amazes me to think that those colors are there all year long, but we just don’t see them. Some trees look like their lit from within – gorgeous! We have a big old sugar maple in the front yard that is just so colorful in the autumn (that’s for you, Skip!) I know that sometime very soon, though, we’ll get a few days of cold rainy weather, and that will be the end of the leaves…

I really didn’t mean this post to be a downer, and I’m not down myself! Sorry – hey! Go out and make it a GREAT DAY!!!

(…62 more days…)

3 comments:

Beaner said...

It was a setup! I'm crying foul!!! Our husbands should NOT have beat us - I think the commish. set the schedule when ALL of my #1 guys were on a Bye week against MY husband. CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Thanks for using Jess' word in your post - cracked me up!

The leaves around here are SO gorgeous that i think I'll LEAF them lying around for a bit! ;)

Donna G said...

You just had to get that count down in....didn't you?

Our changes aren't as dramatic as yours (I am talking autumn now again for Skip) but we will still have color at the end of November...and my butt will be a lot warmer than yours in January and February....

**can I say butt on your blog?**

Chris said...

...only if it's followed by "cept"...