Monday, October 09, 2006

Post Zoe Post

So. Back from Zoe. Wow. I don’t know if I’ve ever NOT come back from Zoe and NOT said “wow.” What else can you say? The teaching at the leadership conference was really good. Lauren Winner inspired our little group to explore Sabbath more fully. Jeff Walling – well, come on! – he’s Jeff Walling, for the love…! And Mike – always an inspiration! My track choice was taught by Rhonda Lowery, and she really challenged me.

There was a lot of self-examination this weekend, and unfortunately, personally, when there’s self-examination it usually leads to self-recrimination. Just part of my charm, I guess. Rhonda gave the class some tough questions to consider, and well, when you ask the Lord to meet you, He’ll be there with bells on. In spite of the afore-mentioned self-recrimination, He was there, holding me close and telling me how much He loves me. It was a time of renewal and recharging – above and beyond the fact that this particular introvert got some “alone” time she desperately, but unknowingly, needed. I’m still ruminating over a lot of the stuff I went through this weekend. Some of the best times were outside of classes – outside the church campus, even. I received wise counsel and huge amounts of love and encouragement from my compatriots – thanks, guys! Hopefully, I’ll be in a better position to share some of the highlights soon. Right now, though, I’m worn out – physically and spiritually.

As you may have read on other’s blogs here in Blogville, some of us were able to meet IRL at Zoe. I FINALLY got to meet Terri and Donna – and as a bonus met Amy, Paul, Happy, Jenni, Snapshot (although not formally) and saw other names that I recognized (Drew, Phil Wilson, etc) – very cool! Definitely a highlight! Although two of my traveling companions consider “blog” a four letter word…bah– what do they know?! (LOL!) And I can now say with absolute certainty – we are a quirky bunch here in Blogville!
My family survived – flourished, even – in my absence. I must say their hugs and stuff were very welcomed when I got back. The dog survived – not as well as the humans, but maybe now he’ll appreciate me a bit more – HA!

7 comments:

paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Just two hours farther down 65 and you'd be at my house. Y'all come!

paul said...

Rest up girl! Zoe was good. Glad you got so much out of it. It was good to meet you there.

Beaner said...

All I have to say is "boogity, boogity, boogity"!

And God has been leading me to Sabbath too!

Donna G said...

It was great to meet you face to face...although I feel like I have known your heart forever.

I see Memphis is our future....

Jeff said...

Vivent les blogs! and very glad to have been there with you!

Jenni said...

It was so fun to meet you -- even if you did catch me off guard on Friday night! Glad you made it home safely....