Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Getcher motor runnin...

Spiderman 2 comes out today! Spiderman 2 comes out today! Woohoo!

Okay. I'm done now. Thank you for your kind indulgence.

Today, I saw car exactly like one we test drove a few months ago. The dealership allowed us a weekend to drive the car and see if we liked it - even tho' they knew we weren't going to purchase the car. (Gotta love small town dealerships!) Anyway, DH was digging this car in a big way! The last day of our test drive, we decided to head out on the highway. So we packed the kiddos into the backseat, and off we went. Well, my younger son tends to be a bit of a hypochondriac, so I didn't think much of his sore stomach complaint. Well, as we were heading to a city around 45 miles away, commenting on how much we both really liked the car, I heard something wet in the back seat. Yup. You guessed. Younger son hurled, ralphed, blew chow - whatever you want to call it! In the car. That wasn't ours. Ugh.

We quickly pulled into the nearest rest stop, and I ran into the restroom to get paper towels for a quickie cleanup. Wouldn't you know it - all air dryers! Aargh! So, I'm in one of the stalls - laughing hysterically at the absurdity of the situation (not that my son has thrown up, you understand!) - trying to pull enoughtoilet paper off the roll to make any sort of difference, and of course, it's all one-ply, and the rolls won't turn! I get as much as I can and rush back out to the car to find that a janitor has taken pity on us and brought out some paper towels to my DH - who strangely enough, was not laughing hysterically at the absurdity of the situation. We cleaned DS as well as we could and headed back home. DS was promptly installed in bed, while DH worked on the upholstery in the car. Fortunately, it was leather and cleaned up pretty well. He managed to get the carpet and seat belt fairly clean as well. DS recovered very quickly, but I don't think he'll ever live this one down.

DH then headed out on the highway alone.

So, I have to giggle a bit when I see one of these cars...wondering...



4 comments:

Beaner said...

LOL!!! Oh, now you KNOW you HAVE to tell us what kind of car it was! I want to laugh too (since we're in the same town & all). And you know the folks that bought it are wondering 'Boy - that "new-car-smell" sure has changed since our last one!'

If it's any condolence, my son threw up in our new van a month after we got it - so at least you weren't stuck w/it!!!!

Chris said...

2002 Diamond White Aurora
Feeling better? You should have called me!

Beaner said...

I definately could have used the Oral Support this time! How are YOU feeling in that regard?

BTW......I can't stop singing "Born To Be Wild" now - thanks a lot! ;-)

Chris said...

Anytime! I should have said it was an Escalade just to freak Skip out!

Glad you're feeling better! My teeth are okay presently - but I keep some orajel-type stuff close at hand just in case...:D