Tuesday, April 05, 2005

5Q4

Okay - here are my answers to Donna's 5Q4 for me. Evidently the rules are to copy and paste the questions and answers and to challenge you, dear readers, to be interviewed by moi (the first four of you, anyway...)

1. You once mentioned that you used to think you were invisible. When would you like to have the ability to be invisible?
I think currently I would most like to be invisible when it's for my own protection and self-preservation! A really cool defense mechanism, doncha think? Actually, I don't know that I have a good or valid reason for being invisble - at least not a reason that isn't selfish and sneaky...lol!

2. You have talked about your estranged relationship with your mother. What effect, positive or negative, do you think this has had on your relationship with your children?
I have always assured my kids that there is nothing they could do to make me stop loving them. I pray they will never test me on that! We have always been very up front with the kids as to the reasons behind my mother's actions. I hope they can understand the error of her thinking, while at the same time learning forgiveness and ultimately, acceptance of others.

3. You spoke of a friend with whom you had a falling out and later reconciliation. Has your friendship been the same since the "bad times"?
While it's true there was a meeting of the minds and apologies and forgiveness offered and accepted, I'm not sure "reconciliation" is the best word to describe what happened. I think we kinda left things as they are: not a lot of contact, but the knowledge that we'll be there when we seek one another out. Sometimes I regret the distance, but most times I'm at peace.

4. At one time your job was incredible stressful for you. Are your stress levels better? Did the whole incident from December blow over?
"At one time"! HA! Actually, this past Sunday marked my fifth anniversary here, and so far, so good. I think things have blown over for the most part. We're such a small office, and stress around here tends to breed and be contagious! I am looking around for something else - just keeping my options open...!

5. Do you think your posting style or content changed any when your husband began to read your blog?
I don't think changed all that much. I have always tried to be honest and truthful, while respecting feelings and privacy. My husband has been a source of inspiration and encouragement in my blogging. In fact, I feel he's much better at blogging than I am. There are times, however, when I wish I had a completely anonymous blog where I could vent and release the screaming banshee that seems to be my alter ego - yell and vent while being completely - AHA! - invisible!!

Thanks, Donna! Anyone else...?

3 comments:

Donna G said...

That was fun! I like the concept of being invisible too, but I think like you it would be selfish and sneaky! I have contemplated starting another blog that was totally anonymous for the same reasons, I just don't think I currently have the energy!!!

Thanks for playing!

Chris said...

awww - shucks, honey!

Dwiggy444 said...

Eeeewwwww! Get a room? Please???