Friday, April 29, 2005

...if I...

Jettybetty has a list of questions to answer 'just fer fun' on her blog today - very bloggable questions...so here goes...

The questions: If I could be a scientist...if I could be a farmer...if I could be a musician...if I could be a doctor...if I could be a painter...if I could be a gardener...if I could be a missionary...if I could be a chef...if I could be an architect...if I could be a linguist...if I could be a psychologist...if I could be a librarian...if I could be an athlete...if I could be a lawyer...if I could be an inn-keeper...if I could be a professor...if I could be a writer...if I could be a llama-rider...if I could be a bonnie pirate...if I could be an astronaut...if I could be a world-famous blogger...if I could be a justice on any one court in the world...if I could be married to any current famous political figure...

So, I guess whatcha do is pick one or two or three of these and speculate away...!

The funny thing is, as I was typing the list, I kept wondering why I couldn't be one of these things. (And I know DH is applauding wildly at the idea of not limiting my thinking...!) I mean, I realize some of these are kinda out there, but some of them aren't. I'm not necessarily an astronaut or an architect, and I never ride my llama or sail my pirate ship in public, but as for the rest, yeah, I think I could or have done them all to some degree.

As a wife and mother.

And no, I don't want this to be one of those cutesy, smarmy, sappy mother's day things that always get forwarded in emails!
  • But as a wife and mother, yes, I have been a doctor - and we need to buy stock in band-aids.
  • I am a musician - specializing in lullabies.
  • I've been known as a pretty mean finger painter in my time.
  • Nothing is sweeter in my garden than marigolds presented by a grubby kindergartener.
  • Chef? Well, okay, DH is more the chef than I am, but I can make a mean German pancake when the occasion calls for it!
  • Anyone who can decipher that a toddler wants a cookie is a master linguist!
  • Psychologist and lawyer kind of go hand in hand for anyone with more than one child. "Why did you hit your brother? How do you think that makes him feel? What should your punishment be?"
  • Inn-keeper goes along with the chef-thing - somedays it feels like I run a B&B!
  • Fourth grade math qualifies ANYONE as a professor these days!
  • Athletic? Well, maybe not so much to look at me per se, but let my kids or DH get into trouble and the Flash has nuttin' on me!
  • And as for a missionary, well that's pretty obvious. My mission field is in my own backyard.

Maybe not the answers sought, but that's what I got!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Donna G said...

Obviously the right answers for you. I love your approach!