Monday, June 20, 2005

Happy Birthday!

Today is my husband's birthday. He is such a joy to have in my life! I know I am truly blessed by having him around!

He is terrific with the kiddos - much more willing to go out and throw the ball around than I tend to be! I know they will look back and thank him for all he did for them, and consider him to be their hero and inspiration.

He's an awesome cook! Yes - TRULY blessed - I know! It's such a relief to come home and find dinner waiting - you have no idea! I'll gladly do dishes for such a treat! And he enjoys doing it!

He's a servant. He will go the extra mile for anyone who asks.

He's my best friend. He's there to challenge me when I need it, and he's not afraid to tell me hard things when I need to hear them. He's my biggest supporter and fan. He listens to my fears and hopes and dreams.

He's my fountain of youth. He keeps me young because he's young at heart. He encourages me to lighten up when he sees I'm being far too serious!

He's a hero - and not just because of the job! He provides for his family, keeps us grounded, calls us higher and urges us to be our best. And if that's not a hero...!

I am a lucky woman to have you in my life, sweetie! I love you! Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Donna G said...

You two seem to really complete each other! That is a great thing!