Friday, June 24, 2005

Thanx!

Thanks for everyone's encouraging words! (And yeah, I know it's just a modem...thanks honey!) It was just a temporary slump - headache, stress, busy-crazy, single parenting, yada yada yada. I'll be fine. Just need to focus on the good stuff!

Anyhoo - the friend boss is gone today and will be on into next week. So, the stress will continue. I'm terrified that one of her clients will call and I'll be left floundering with no idea how to help them! She also is the administrator for their web-site and all that entails - and, well, I'm clueless about all that! Another disadvantage to her being gone is that the yucky boss will be sticking close to the office. *sigh* And as much as he thinks he knows what goes on around here - he is truly out of the loop.

And. On top of that, I've just realized that DS2's birthday is in 11 (!) days - and I have nothing planned. Crud! I think we'll be having his party the weekend after his birthday, so I have a little more time, but sheesh - his birthday creeps up on me FAST! And if I'm not mistaken, we're having people over for a cookout on the Fourth - so there's cleaning and planning and decorating to do.

I'm feeling a little unorganized about the whole school thing too. I usually have all the important dates organized on my calendar by now, and I don't yet, and to be honest, it's freaking me out. Especially with DS1 starting a new school in the fall. I know I still have time to do everything - I'm usually just a bit more organized than this. I think I'll put that project at the top of my priority list this weekend.

Lord, give me peace and patience. Let me hear You whisper to me. Help me not be distracted from what's truly important. Remind me that I only have to do my best - nothing more.

6 comments:

Donna G said...

I am sorry I missed your bad day, I was busy having one of my own.

I have a great ideal. Put off that Christmas shopping and work on this birthday. Or better yet, why rush 11 days is an eternity!!!

LOL-Hope your feeling better and more settled.

Chris said...

LOL

Christmas has been put on hiatus for a short time - you're welcome!

Eleven days might be an eternity to me, but not so much for an almost 9 year old!

Donna G said...

You are so right! Their birthdays should be VERY SPECIAL

Chris said...

LOL!

Actually, looks like we're NOT doing anything on the 4th, but still planning the birthday for the 9th! Which works so much better!

Donna G said...

Like the new look! How is the sunburn...are you peeling big hunks of skin yet??

Chris said...

Donna - I'm a 'CSI's' worst nightmare - I'm tossing epitheliels all over the place! LOL