Thursday, October 28, 2004

Fly away home

Last night I was watching the World Series (Go anyone-but-the-Cards-unless-it's-the-Yankees!) and watching one of those little Japanese beetles flying around in the living room. Ugh! I really hate them in the house! But have you ever watched one of them flying? They fly around in little spirals, and bash themselves against the ceiling and walls over and over again, looking for somewhere warm and safe to rest. When they finally find somewhere, they look so content and still.

I happened to find a lot of analogies for my day to day life - flying around in circles, bashing my will against God's, never able to get where I want to be, which is somewhere warm and safe and peaceful - and it seems whenever I get close to that idyllic place, someone comes after me with a rolled-up newspaper! I learned alot about myself from that little ladybug-esque critter.

But I still don't like them in my house!

Thank You, Lord, for teaching me lessons in unexpected places!

1 comment:

commentator33 said...

great thoughts
It's really cool when God uses those small things to teach us important lessons.
Keep it up
shasa