Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Mushy Stuff

Well, the whirlwind romance of the century is done. My elder got into the car after school yesterday and informed me that his girlfriend had told him she didn't like him anymore and already had a new boyfriend. Then he started to cry. *gulp* I tried to be encouraging and sympathetic, while telling him that he's only 10, and girls at this age don't always know what they want and she certainly didn't know what she was missing. I told him that God has someone in mind for him even now and was preparing her just for him, and that I had been praying for that little girl to be the best she could be for him. That cheered him up considerably. Then little bro got in the car, was informed of the news and - horrors - smirked! I just kept wondering how I was going to explain the bloodletting that was sure to occur in my back seat! Actually, they both calmed down and little bro was very supportive. Later that evening, they got scolded for fighting, and I nearly sent them to bed, but the elder came out and pleaded his case by saying it was the worst day of his life and now I was yelling at him on top of it all. Sheesh! Call me a wimp, but I couldn't handle that kind of pressure!

I seem to be having more trouble with my teeth this week. I ask for prayers for courage - I have a MAJOR dentist phobia - because I fear I may actually have to see one. Think I could get some painkillers before I make the appointment?

4 comments:

Donna G said...

I am with you on the denist-phobia. I have actually dug holes in my hands with my finger nails during a cleaning!! I think I had rather go to the gyno at least its over pretty quick and if I open my eyes I don't see up any nostrils.....

Hope your son recovers from his crushing dumping soon. Just be sure and tell him not to find a new girl friend until after Christmas....

Chris said...

DJG - you crack me up! Good point about the Christmas thing! Forgot about that!

Beaner said...

I hate to admit this, but I have not been to the dentist since high school! (Except for an emergency root canal while pregnant w/my daughter.) I need to go also - I have been having pain for months now & am scared I might have to have a tooth pulled!!!! I bore one of my children w/no epidural - you'd think a tooth would be no big deal. Oh, well. I'll be praying for you. Maybe we should go together for oral support! Tee Hee.

Chris said...

ROFLMREO! Actually, today has not been too bad - I seem to have a migrating wisdom tooth, and every once in a while, it literally pulls up roots (OUCH!) and decides to shift - fortunately I'll be alright for singing Sunday! With my luck, it'll be real bad for the recital - ugh!

My theory is tho', that healing a bad tooth is nothing compared to raising Lazarus - yes, LORD!