Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The slug file

Good morning! Days like today and yesterday have got to be my favorites - weatherwise, anyway. Chill in the air, soft autumn rain falling - perfect for snuggling on the couch with some 'trauma tea' and a good long book. And then there's work. Oh well...

I was trying to think of something deep and spiritual and clever to say today - something that would reflect my current state of being or of worship and study. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a boring slug - nothing is happening - neither good nor bad. I've not uncovered some deep wonderful insight in my studies. The Lord has not recently revealed His glory to me in an earth-shattering manner. I'm maintaining. But, oh! I so want to go higher, deeper, MORE!

Lord, cover me in Your presence. Overwhelm me with Your glory. Let me draw closer to You. Help me remember You're with me today.

5 comments:

Beaner said...

I've been sitting here trying to come up w/something clever to say about slugs & salt, but I guess I'll just leave you to make your own analogies!

And what, exactly, is 'trauma tea'?

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

You crack me up!

'Trauma tea' is a hot tea to which I was introduced while helping a friend through a divorce and depression laden Christmas. So we just started calling it 'trauma tea.' I'll bring you some...yummy!

Donna G said...

I think its time for a vacation. Too many blahs and slug type talk. Just drive up to the mountains and find yourself. (No, I am not qualified to give advice and yes, I have been there myself so I just don't want you feeling bad.)

Chris said...

We're a little short on mountains here in central Illinois, and I just came off a vacation - yikes! I'll try harder to post happy thoughts! :)