Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Blech

That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling today. Here's a rundown...just for fun! Head - congested and achy. Nose - alternately running or stuffed. Various muscles - sore. Brain - NOT working. Overall condition - blech. (See? It's unanimous!) This all hit me in the space of about fifteen minutes last night. I was sitting on the couch, beading the first pg and watching American Idol (heheh) when all of a sudden I felt like I could just curl up in a ball and sleep for a week. But life goes on, so...here I am at work...ever the martyr, right? LOL!

I've indulged in a guilty pleasure this morning because I don't feel great - Coke. Yes. In the morning. First thing. Nothing like it! People ask me why I drink soda instead of coffee, and my response is that I prefer my caffeine carbonated. I've done really well in weaning myself off of soda (especially caffeinated ones) for a long time now, but I just wanted one today, and I was too weak to say no to myself. (I think I need a nap already!)

Have a good day, Blogville!

9 comments:

Beaner said...

I hope you feel better soon! Of course you'd feel MUCH better if you drank Pepsi instead of Coke, but whatever! ;)

Chris said...

Ewwww - Pepsi is NOT my favorite! I will drink it if I have to, but gimme a Coke from the Arches (for some reason, theirs tastes better) and I'm a happy (happier?) camper! LOL!

BTW - Allen prefers Pepsi, too.

Y'all have fun last night?

Beaner said...

Maggie's + 7 crazy ladies = Fun!!! (Except they all left by 8:30 & I was still thinking it was way too early to go home. But home is where I went.)

Of course, it would have been more fun if there were 8 of us - we missed you!!! You better come to the next one!! ;)

Chris said...

I'll see what I can do!

Donna G said...

I am a Coke girl too, Pepsi is way too sweet!!....but I have cut WAY BACK!! (I hope it is not being replaced with another non-nutritious drink...)

Chris said...

Nope - doing the H2O thing (patting myself on the back)

Chris said...

Karrie, I understand about "House" - he says the things I would love to be able to sometimes! LOL! However, the USA network is showing "House" now, so I can still get my fix...

Anonymous said...

No to Pepsi!

You have such a way with words...

Blech!

HW said...

Taco Bell's Diet Pepsi - that's what does it for me.
Hope you feel better, Chris.