Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New? Year

So this is 2006, huh? Doesn't really look that different to me. Everyone is making lists (me included) of things they remember from 2005, things to change in 2006, etc. I keep hearing how January is like a fresh start - a new page - a clean slate. But this year, for some reason, I'm just not feeling it. It looks the same, it feels the same. And to be honest, so far I'm not impressed. I do have things I want to change in my life this year (I'll not call them "resolutions") but why does change only seem to happen in January? Why can't I change my behaviour or goals or whatever in June or September? Maybe I've caught Terri's funk...I'm pretty certain this headache is to blame for a lot of my current mood...

________________________________________________

In the spirit of not writing about Christmas, cross-stitch or the kiddos: Which is better - having always had 'something' (and you can fill in the blank) in your life or remembering when that 'something' happened or was added?

6 comments:

Beaner said...

IMO, when you've always had something in your life you take it for granted.

Sorry you're in a funk - I'm feeling it too. I think it's the lack of sun & coffee. I'm trying to press on. I guess you can have a blank page, clean slate, whenever you want to, but we just forget to allow ourselves to do that. In some ways, every day we wake up is a fresh start & it's all we have or all we might have.

Donna G said...

Hey, I make mid year resolutions on the 1st of July....(it hasn't really caught on thought)

I think that even when we have had "something" in our lives we have to work to keep it "new". Then we can be filled with the joy of each step of the journey with our "something".

{Unless you are talking about grey hair, I remember when I got it, it seems I have always had it and I fight it on a continual basis!!!Maybe that should be a good memory of adding L'Oreal}

Anonymous said...

GET OUT OF THE FUNK!

Whatever it takes, get out of it. It's so much better on the other side.

I just hope Jesus comes to get me before the end of 2006! I almost sent someone to meet him at the end of 2005!

Chris said...

After today, I'm going to have to come up with a different designation for "friend" boss...

Beaner said...

Ugh - that doesn't sound good. Hope things get better for you REAL SOON! Blugs!!!

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.