Friday, January 06, 2006

My turn for a Grrrr

But first the good stuff...last night, Allen gave me a wonderful gift - a night off! I didn't have to cook (not that I usually do, but...), I didn't have to do laundry, I didn't have to do dishes - nothing! So relaxing...he's so good to me! I am blessed and thankful just 'cuz he's around! Thanks, babe!

We watched a couple of movies and I cross stitched. I finished the left wing, her collar, started her bodice and fleshed out the angel's face (over one - on 28 ct - ugh!) And I was doing so well - making progress on her gown - when I realized that I was using the wrong color - hence the grrrr. So I frogged. Alot. *sigh*

DH got called in for overtime today - short list, but it means a little extra on the next check and that he'll be home later - I like short list call-ins. Besides, we have a family date to watch March of the Penguins tonight.

I have a really bad case of Friday-itis today. I do not want to work. At. All. Just wanna sit and surf...however, the boss does not agree, so back to the grindstone...Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Beaner said...

I'm having one of those "I'm depressed & PMS-ing" kind of mornings! Maybe I'll find some good tunes so Jess & I can dance! I just bought some more birdseed this morning, so maybe the birds will come back too.

Blugs!

Jenni said...

yep Friday-itis here too!! except that I have a HUGE project that I really really need to work on. probably will be taking it home for over the weekend while sitting on the couch and watching movies.

Donna G said...

Oh! I got the Friday bug too!

and my day started so well, the lady called me a liar and threatened to sue me....I love helping people!!!!


One reason I gave up cross stitch, besides the fact it is hard to do with a tennis racket in your hand...is that I hate, hate taking out stitches!!

Beaner said...

Donna - I was a New Accts. Rep. at a bank before being a stay-at-home mom. People can get sooo cranky when their money is at stake! As a teller too, I saw MANY blowups! I said I'd never go back into customer service when I went back to work, but now that I'll be back to work in half-a-year, I'm thinking about going into......banking!!! Talk me out of it!!!

Anonymous said...

Beaner - don't do it! I did the same thing and was tempted by a bigger paycheck to go back... DON'T GO!

Chris,

Let me know about the penguin movie. I rented it last Saturday night. Let me know if your boys can make it through the whole movie.