Friday, September 17, 2004

Happy Anniversary

Our anniversary is Sunday, and I can tell the flush of new love has kinda worn off for us. Not that we're any less in love, mind you. Just a bit more practical. My DH enjoys having some of the guys from church over on Sunday afternoons to watch football. I enjoy it as well. So, he took me to lunch the other day and I told him that he could do football this coming Sunday.
"You do realize what this Sunday is, right?", he asked.
"Uh, of course I do!"
"You're also assuming that I don't have something planned for our anniversary," he responded.
"Do you?"
"Well, no - but..."
Enough said.
I think the kids are more excited about our anniversary than we are. They're looking forward to our traditional anniversary dinner of fried chicken. DH and I also have traditional wine coolers. It was what we had our wedding night - it was a long day, and we hadn't eaten. Our best man and his wife gave us a basket of goodies including chilled wine coolers. When we got to our hotel, there was a KFC across the street. So. We spent the evening of our wedding day eating KFC, drinking wine coolers, going through our card box and watching Star Trek:TNG. Man, that sounds really pitiful! But it wasn't! We had a blast just relaxing after the stress of the day.

Thank You for my husband, Lord. Thank You for his heart, and his love for me, but most of all, his love for You.

No comments: