Monday, September 20, 2004

Odd inspiration

Sometimes, you find inspiration in the oddest places. My kids and I were watching cartoons this weekend - not my choice, by the way - and they were all excited to watch the new episode of 'Foster's Home for Imaginary Creatures.' My elder asked if I had ever seen this show, and assured me that I would like it because it was 'very creative.' Uh-huh. The premise of the show is that there is kind of a half-way house for imaginary friends that now need new homes. It's run by a teenager, her very elderly grandmother, and all these creatures. Well, in this episode, the teen and her friend were making a website to help get some of the creatures adopted. (There really is a point to all this!) So, the friend was doing some videotaped interviews of the creatures, when he happens to capture her grandmother's imaginary friend (a very proper English rabbit) doing a little chant and dance for the grandmother, as he had done for her when she was very young. Well, events unfold, and the rabbit learns he's been videotaped doing this little song and dance. He becomes irate and understandably embarrassed. He questions whose business is it if he wants to make a fool of himself 'in front of his creator.' Ah-ha - the point! And I have to admit this bothered me the rest of the weekend! I even promised myself that I wouldn't - absolutely would not - let this episode become a blog. Well, there ya go.

When was the last time I made a fool of myself for my Creator? When I just laid everything out in front of Him without caring what anyone else thought...

1 comment:

Donna G said...

I agree. It was a great blog, and some of my most inspired thougts have been inspired by cartoons