Monday, November 07, 2005

...and it's over!

The craft auction, that is. And it seems to have been a great success. According to preliminary reports, we were able to make about as much as in years past, which was terrific and a HUGE relief! Next is the holiday season and then the women's retreat.

My aunt brought me the stuff my mother was sending to me Saturday. I was surprised at the stuff she kept, in particular, letters and cards I sent her when I was in college. Sheesh! I had no idea I was so shallow and insipid. And as I'm fairly certain that I will never have a library named after me that will clamor for my "papers" I'm pretty sure I can trash them. I also have a lot of pictures from my childhood and the baby clothes she kept for me. Can't decide exactly where I am in my feelings on this. I don't know.

In other news, DS1 had his first Parks & Rec basketball game Saturday - and they won! And he got to help them win! This is a huge deal, because B-ball isn't a sport we 'do' in our house. Football, and the Cubs, but no basketball. So, the idea that he scored two points and got a steal after only one practice - woohoo! Go number 5!!

I haven't done any stitching for about a week now. Too tired and too busy and in too much pain. The change of season has really done a number this year on my carpal tunnel. Ugh! And I can't find any of my braces to wear. I'd really like to get some stuff done, for goodness sake!

5 comments:

Donna G said...

I think swinging a tennis racket will cure that wrist pain...either that or make it worse..

Beaner said...

Craft Auction was a lot of fun! Thanks for all your hard work! I am REALLY looking forward to the Women's Retreat!

Why was your mom going to send you that stuff? And why do you think she kept it all these years?

Yay for DS1, Boo for your hand/wrist!

Have a good week!

Chris said...

I think she was going to throw it out if I didn't want it. My grandmother called me and told me to call my aunt whom my mother asked to deliver the stuff to me if I wanted it. *whew* Sooooo, I called and she asked if I wanted the stuff and was surprised, I think, when I said yes.

As to why she kept it, I'm clueless.

Glad you had a good time at the auction!

Anonymous said...

My mother did not save the first thing. I have pictures but no shoes, dress... nothing. Which is fine - I have no children and I'm sure I couldn't wear it now anyway!

AKH said...

A red #5 on a white background...Go, Speed Racer, Go!