Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Yikes!

...and just when I thought things had settled down...

DH woke me at about 4am telling me he was going to the ER. WHAT?!?! He's fine, but evidently he has strained the ligaments attaching his ribs to his sternum and is in some pretty major pain. Lots of happy pills. But I can't check on him at the moment, because there is something wrong with our phone line - so no calls in or out. Ugh.

________________________________________

So, I had a rookie pick up my kiddos from school yesterday (if only to give Beaner a break and allow me to remain in her good graces - LOL) Everything went fine picking up DS2 - thanks to Mapquest (I told you she was a rookie - as well as new to the area!) The problems started when she went to get DS1. The school is on a one-way street - which was not a problem - but evidently the flow of traffic was such that she didn't see the car next to her and - well - hit it. Eek! Everyone was fine, but she was understandably upset. And DS1 was patiently waiting, unaware of the unfolding drama. I just felt so HORRIBLE! She assured me everything was fine, though. Big, BIG shout out to Bridget!! Thanks, girlfriend!!
_________________________________________________

The kiddos spent the night with a friend Saturday night. The main reason is for new video game competition, as opposed to any deep friendships, I suspect. DS1 was describing their evening to us and said that they got there around 6pm and by 8pm "we were bored sick out of our pants." ...um...

5 comments:

Beaner said...

That'll learn ya! J/K! The traffic can be kinda tricky, but I learned how to drive in Chicago - we're a whole different breed of drivers ;)

Anyway....don't hesitate to call me you goober! Yesterday actually wouldn't have worked because D & I had a "mtg" - (that's what we tell the kids anyway) but I'm always happy to get your kids as long as I'm free. Don't feel like you need to give me a break. I hope Allen gets to feeling better today - if there's anything I can do, please call or e-mail me!

Donna G said...

Wow, I hope the pain pills work... and bless your rookie's heart...sounds like something that would happen to me!!

{I hate it when I get bored sick out of my pants..}

Anonymous said...

Bring on the happy pills!

I babysat for a little boy in college and had a wreck while driving him to his grandparents. He just didn't understand the part about "it's MY story-let ME tell it"!

One day he was with me when I was driving his cleaning lady home and I ran over his dog. Didn't hit it - it was behind my car...ran over it twice! Emma was screaming, "Oh my Lord, you've killed Shogun!" Sure 'nuff did!

That would make a great post some day!

Chris said...

...uh...

You realize that you've cost this child at least two months in therapy, right...?

LOL

Anonymous said...

How funny that you say that... He's in medical school to become a psychologist!