Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tuesday

Got a phone call last night letting us know that some friends had their second baby girl yesterday afternoon. Can't wait to see her!
__________________________________________

How many times do we tell God what we're going to do for Him? I mean, we make all these plans to work to further His kingdom - door knocking, street corner evangelizing, studying the Bible with people, serving the church, etc. - which are all good things, don't get me wrong! And we pray, just to keep in touch. I am so guilty of this! I want to do good things, things I think He wants me to do, but a lot of times, I just dive in, simply letting God know what I'm doing, instead of seeking His counsel.

But what about what He's already doing? How often do we, in our zeal, mistakenly get in the way of His work? I think our prayer should be "Show me" instead of "watch me."

2 comments:

Beaner said...

I am guilty of seeing all the ways something WON'T work before I see how it might. Talk about squelching what God can do!!!!

Donna G said...

You are so right. I hope I have the courage to say "show me"!