Friday, November 04, 2005

The looming terror that is...the CRAFT AUCTION

Okay, well maybe it's not that bad, but it is pretty frightening! Tomorrow is the big day, and between now and then, I literally do not have time to breathe. No. Really. DH is working OT today, I had teacher conferences this morning, haul the kiddoes to a sitter (unexpectedly), work a full day (and THAT's going just GREAT!! not.), head out to the church to decorate and set up, go home sometime and clean my house from top to bottom in anticipation of family arriving tomorrow while once again I am setting up/decorating at the building, only to head to DS1 basketball game tomorrow afternoon, and then, oh yeah, the craft auction itself. See? No breathing. At. All.

Satan is at it again. I love working on the auction. I love how it all comes together in the end. I love being a part of this ministry which helps support hurting women in our area. I love that my family is coming to visit and that my grandmother is going to be not only at the auction, but also in church with us Sunday. (hooray!) I love that DS1 finally has a chance to play in a sport he enjoys. I love that I have a place to live, and that my family is comfortable enough there to be truly "at home." I'm grateful that I have a job (although the flexibility I once had seems to be eroding quickly.) I'm happy that DH is willing to put in extra hours for the good of his family.

Maybe instead of looking for the bright side, I need to polish the dull side a little bit more?

3 comments:

Beaner said...

I'm praying for you, girl!!! Satan likes to attack when we're busy, run-down & stressed-out!!! That's when God sends His angels & us ordinary folk too, to your aid! Call me if you need anything - and I'll be there tomorrow, bright & early (just not dark-thirty, sorry!) to help you out! Keep telling yourself the truth, keep good thoughts in your head, and enjoy those fun moments! I'll be excited to meet your Grandma - she sounds like an awesome lady!

Chris said...

So, I guess I need to put on my Super Mom cape (or at least pull my big girl panties) and deal, right? LOL!

Donna G said...

Big girl panties! I love it!

It is overwhelming when you think about all that you have to do, so just concentrate on the next thing. That's all you can really control anyway.

**Sage advice from the great control freak**