Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Dream a little dream...

I had the oddest dream last night - sorry honey! I dreamed I was in a musical production that was being performed in a mall-like setting. The play was almost like the Ice Capades in scale! And I was the lead - with no preparation! No clue what the choreography was, the songs, the lines - nothing! And the male lead was NOT happy with me! (Like I wanted to be in that position!) My fears about my shortcomings were allayed, though, when the bad guys took us all hostage. So, no worries! :D

It's not even eleven and I'm pretty much done with everything I HAVE to do today. There's still some other extra stuff that needs to be done, but I can wait awhile to do that - you know, make it stretch!

Okay, this will sound like a weird statement, but, well, consider the source. I've started driving the posted speed limit. There. I said it. I've never been any sort of speed demon or anything, but you know, 5-10 over was pretty common. Ever since I started going the limit though, I've felt a peace when I'm in the car. I don't have to worry about police cruisers singling me out, or even noticing me. I'm more relaxed in the car and when I get to my destination. If it takes me a little longer than it did a few weeks ago, oh well. Driving has never been one of my favorite things to do, but recently I haven't minded it nearly as much. (I told you it was weird!)

Well, I guess I need to get back to the grindstone. And don't worry - I'll find something to occupy my time! Heheh!

Lord, thank You for my job, and the breaks that I get to enjoy.

2 comments:

Beaner said...

I am just the opposite with driving! I would feel less peaceful if I stayed the limit because I would get worried about the drivers behing me (as if they couldn't just go around me) I'm just weird that way! As my mom would say - I was always more concerned with what the other kids were doing than enjoying myself.

Pretty crazy dream - kinda typical for me though, especially since we've been watching Alias at our house!

Donna G said...

I have slowed down considerably. But there are still area (4 lanes where the limit is 45, hello!!) that I can't quite keep it under or at the limit. But unlike you I LOVE to drive, and it used to be the faster the better!!!

Don't you wonder if your dreams mean something??