Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Of fire trucks and watering things

DH and I watched "Ladder 49" last night. Whew! Wow! Really gets ya right there, know what I mean? The movie sparked all kinds of conversation at our house last night - and no, we didn't let the kiddos watch it. But it really touched on some of the fears we have as a firefighter family. One of the scenes that really got to me was one of the final scenes - if you haven't seen it I won't spoil it, but I just felt like the main character's wife was excluded, shunned almost, in favor of the brotherhood. I don't feel that DH would ever do that, or be involved in any activity that would make me feel that way, but I have seen and heard of some instances where things like that have happened.

I confess! I had no idea what a delicate flower our dog was! We had to get more dog food, and instead of the outrageously overpriced food we had been getting, I went a step down to the next higher outrageously overpriced food. Well, Wrigley was NOT happy! He had bad things coming out of both ends of him - made for a pleasant evening, lemme tell ya! With a pet, you can't send him running to the bathroom when he feels sick, obviously. So I went out and bought the original outrageously overpriced food. I even took him with me to the yuppie pet store here in town - because that's where they sell the outrageously overpriced food. He did fine all through the store to the back where the food is, back to the front to pay for the food, and then he decided to 'bless' the checkout counter! Thaaat's right. 'Annointed' the durn thing right there! I told the clerk, and he assured me it was no problem, but I was pretty embarrassed nonetheless! I guess I should be happy it wasn't one of the kids that did it, huh?

2 comments:

Beaner said...

If it's ANY consolation, you can switch your dog to any food you want, you just have to mix it gradually w/the food he already has - otherwise you get THOSE kind of results. So, buy more cheap stuff & introduce it a quarter-cup at a time mixed w/his current stuff. Then after a few days go half & half, etc. The key is doing it SLOWLY!!!!

Chris said...

Yeah, that's what DH told me later. When I was a kid, our dogs would eat anything that didn't move - we bought whatever was cheapest, so I thought I could do that with Furface! Who knew?!