Friday, March 25, 2005

Famous Four

Okay, just so DH will stop bugging me, I will answer his 'Famous Four.' Or I'll attempt to, anyway.

I have always wanted to sing. From the time I was a child. I sang in the little bitty cute kids choir as a preschooler - you know the one where the debate rages over whether it's cuter to have your kids wave at you or do the potty dance in front of the church! (I did neither, by the way - too shy to wave and too in control (?!) of myself to feel the need to do urinary ballet!) However, when I was older, I didn't join any other choirs either at church or in school. I think I was still too shy. In college, I shared with a friend that I wanted to sing and that I felt that God wanted me to sing as well. But, again, I really didn't do anything about it.

I was thrilled when I was approached about singing with the praise team at church! Even with my many limitations, I have so enjoyed the experience! The fellowship, the fun, the love, and the SINGING have been incredible!

And then, joy of joys! I actually started seeing a voice coach! Someone who actually had technical knowledge told me that I wasn't delusional and had a halfway decent voice! Huzzah! She has challenged me to step outside my christian niche of music, but that's where I'm happiest - praising in song. I feel closer to Jesus when I sing than almost any other time. Lyrics turn to prayers for me. Melodies are worship.

I don't think I am anywhere nearly good enough to record or anything, so I think I've come as far as I want, and possibly as far as God wants.

So, dear, I don't know if that's what you were hoping to hear, but it's what I feel my answers to your questions are.

"I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord." Psalm 104:33-34 (get it? :D)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, something weird just happened that I have to tell you. Its sounds a little crazy though so I will tell you later. Oh, the suspense! I'll talk to you on Sunday!

Chris said...

That's just so not fair! Hope things went well with your dr thing today!