Monday, March 07, 2005

Monday...

I have to admit that when I started blogging, I really wasn't expecting anyone to actually read the durn thing! But things being as they are, I've discovered quite a few people have not only read my random tho'ts, but have linked me as well! (I have to admit - I was thrilled at that!) It's been pretty interesting to find out who has been reading my blog. Some people were a given, some were a surprise, some were a bolt out of the blue!

I've been getting the stitching urge again. I need to find a project, tho', that won't be a hit on the pocketbook - in other words - use some of the floss I have on hand! Unfortunately, when it comes to my embroidery floss, I'm not the most organized person. So finding the right colors and seeing if I have usable fabrice will be a challenge. I've been cruising some stitching blogs and websites, and the bug done bit me! I have some projects in the works now - and this is part of my problem - I want to do something NEW!!! From the beginning! For me, there's nothing like organizing my stitching corner with floss and needle and fabric and notions. I'm missing that a lot recently! But, there are other things that need to be done around the house, so I'll try to exterminate that bug for awhile yet.

My grandmother came to see us this weekend. We got her to start telling stories from her childhood, and we had a blast! She was quite a pistol when she was a girl! She started telling me some of the not so good things that happened to her as a child. I was concerned that she would be really down after remembering some of these events, and then head home alone. But she called me later and told me that she had received a call from a childhood friend that evening, so they reminisced about the good things, and she was fine. She's such a wonderful woman, and I am so incredibly blessed to have had her such a part of my life!

Yesterday's worship was really good, I thought. The message was inspiring, and the fellowship was good. I sang with the praise team yesterday, and I thought that went okay. Well, except for that little hiccup during the opening announcements. We have a LARGE portrait hanging up in the front of the auditorium, and it happens to be right behind the sopranos on the praise team. We stayed onstage while the announcements were being given, and I thought I was farther away from the picture than I was andevidentlyIbumpeditandwellyeahitkindafellonme. But other than that...

Lord, thank You for the ability to laugh at ourselves!

7 comments:

Jeff said...

I think you may have had help from the bass in bringing the picture down. Who knows how it really happened?!

Beaner said...

You can really bring the house down!!!!!!

Did you happen to catch Dave K's "dance" during the first song after announcements??? I was laughing so hard I'm sure the people behind me thought I was sobbing - I was shaking so much! The whole service had a flair of fun & life instead of morbidness that can sometimes eek it's way in. I'm glad to be somewhere where we can laugh!

Donna G said...

You are an inspiration and a surprise to me! I enjoy your blog, wouldn't have pegged you as a "sticher". Love the picture falling on you though. Funny stuff that!!

Chris said...

'George' - LOL!

Beaner - I did see both David and TJ over there cutting up! I commented to Courtney during communion that she was sitting with a bunch of hooligans! I don't know what was funnier - David and TJ or Carden and Courtney trying to get them to stop!

Donna - Thanks! Sometimes I wonder how I got into the habit of cross stitch! As I told our assistant pastor after church "The face of the Lord was upon me!" LOL!

Chris said...

ABSOLUTELY!!! LOL!!!

Susie said...

Too bad you're not closer. I have lots of floss that I won't be using for a long time. I had a project a couple of Christmases ago that did me in. I am Burned. Out.

Don't you just love grandmother stories? I wish I had asked my great-grandmother more questions about her life when she was alive. Boy do they have stories to tell! And my mammaw was FIESTY!!! ; )

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, no wonder you understood about the tripping on air!