Monday, March 21, 2005

Wha' happen...?

I was skimming the Psalms today, searching for an appropriate scripture for a situation, and my eye often caught on underlines and notes I have in my Bible. I so enjoy looking at other people's Bibles, especially those who have walked with Jesus for a long time. I think their notes and underlines are almost as great a testament as the book itself! So, as I'm running through the Psalms, I keep seeing these underlined passages, and most of them were just crying out to the Lord for relief. "Help me...rescue me...absolve me..." I kept running into them, and thought to myself, "Where are the praises I've wanted to pray?!" I mean, there was all this moaning and groaning - which is okay, I guess. I just wondered when I was going to get around to celebrating, and marking those passages as well.

Lord, You alone are worthy of praise! I want to bring my praises to You, as well as my struggles!

3 comments:

Donna G said...

Why is it so much easier to cry out from the depths than to shout out from the peaks? I struggle with the same thing.

Kate said...

If there was some phrase that talked about "blugs" I bet you would underline that. (That one was for Karrie!)

commentator33 said...

I know waht you mean about it being easewir to cry out sometime than it is to praise.
Over time I think I now see, that I don't have to be feeling all praiseful and grateful in order to praise.

Instead I just find myself admitting to God that He is great and amazing despite hoe I feel.

That has helped me praise wherevevr I am or however I'm feeling