Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Mem'ries...

...like the corners of my mind...la di da di da di daaa di

Sorry!

DS1 and I were doing some cleaning last night in anticipation of our Memorial Day cookout bash-type thing - never too early to do spring cleaning - lol! Anyway, we came across my junior high and high school yearbooks. So, of course, we had to take a break and peruse them. Riot! The funnest (is that a word?) part was reading all the signatures. "You're so sweet - stay that way" and "never forget the fun we had..." and "you'll go far in life 'cuz your so smart and funny" yada yada yada...

It was really bad when someone signed with a nickname of some sort, because I absolutely cannot remember these people's regular names, let alone nicknames! And then there were the people who signed my yearbooks and I don't remember EVER even talking to them, let alone knowing them well enough to garner sappy sentiments and signatures for posterity!

I'm so glad that Jesus won't ever forget me. And that the words He left for me to read will still ring true forever.

See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... Isaiah 49:16a
...he remembers his covenant forever... Psalm 111:5

1 comment:

Donna G said...

Scarier still would be reading the comments you wrote in someone else's yearbook...who you don't even remember!!