Thursday, May 12, 2005

Thursday

One of my co-workers gave his 3 day notice today. He starts a new job Monday. I'm going to miss him! He was so funny! But I understand - the fees weren't there, the drive was the pits, etc. So, see ya 'round, Sparky!

The book that DH and DKs got me for Mother's Day is by Stasi and John Eldredge (of Wild at Heart fame) and is called Captivating. And what Wild at Heart has done for a lot of the men I know, I believe Captivating will do for lots of women I know. It explores the questions in a woman's heart like the other book did for the a man's heart. I have found so many things I identify with in this book! I told DH last night that the women's ministry servant group should make this the theme for our women's retreat next year - and I haven't even finished the book yet! The only problems I can see are that a study guide would have to be constructed and that I don't think we could get through it in the limited time we have that weekend!

DS1 has his final elementary school music program tonight. Final, that is, if he actually can pass this grade! From what I've seen and heard of the program, it should be really cute - I know he's had a lot of fun doing it!

Well...back to work...

4 comments:

Beaner said...

I was thinking about getting that book! Let me know more about what you think about it.

And I think we're on for Memorial Day too! Thanks! We'll talk soon!

Chris said...

Woo HA! I'm glad you guys will be there! GREAT book! I think JL and Karrie should get a copy or 12 for the library!

Karen said...

I have wondered about reading that book... DH read Wild at Heart and Waking the Dead. I dunno, I am scared it will just make me discontent.

Thanks for the prayers, Chris. Don't stop, please!

Chris said...

Karen, I understand about butting heads with your daughter. My elder DS and I have had some major, major blow ups - and I always am drained and frustrated and sick at heart afterwards! And my great fear is that if he's like this at 10 - I'm doomed by the time he turns 15!

As for the book, I found it very meaningful, and encouraging! I was a little leery about it at first, but it turned out to be what I needed most right now! I can't wait for my DH to read it.